AXControlGrid is a complete and powerful Xojo desktop UI component for macOS and Windows that it makes possible to put Canvas-based controls in a Page or a series of Pages of a given size (width and height).
It allows for the additional displaying and layout of associated text captions, and the rendering of such page content as Pictures objects so you can do further operations on them: including saving them to a database or as files, generating PDF files, sending them via email, printing them, etc.
From the developer point of view everything is configurable and every change is visible on the fly, including the re-layout of the Page Contents to reflect the new settings applied.
From the point of view of a final user, they will be able to Zoom the Page contents, navigate between the available pages, drag and drop new items to add them to the currently visible Page, select a range of items in the Page to cut and paste or delete them, besides writing and modifying caption texts (and their settings) or undoing every action done!
Among other operations, the base AXControlGrid component (BaseBoard) allows the following operations:
- Set and change the main board (Page) size.
- Set and change the Page items size.
- Add new controls via code, or Drag and Drop.
- Delete selected controls.
- Cut and Paste (or move) selected controls; for example, rearranging a series of controls to a new position or Page.
- Change Text Captions Font, text size, Alignment and the text caption box height to accommodate any needed amount of text.
- Set and change text captions gutter.
- Unlimited undo for every action done, including zoom levels, page changes, page frame position, control size or text caption changes, etc.
AXControlGrid requires Xojo 2017r3 or later on macOS, and Xojo 2018r3 or later on Windows; both for generating 32 and 64 bit executables.
Both the AXControlGrid component and the provided Demo Project had been tested on the following Operating Systems versions:
- macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)
- macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
The demo project is fully functional and whithout limitations when run from the Xojo IDE, but you need a License in order to deploy (compile) a project that includes AXControlGrid.
AXControlGrid license users are entitled to receive for free all the component updates published for 12 months after purchase.